The edge presently accorded to the Indian administrative services at three grades viz, senior time scale, junior administrative grade and selection grade will continue in the form of two additional increments@ 3% each which will be adjusted in the pay band.
With regard to fixation of pay in the revised pay bands, the basic pay drawn as on 1.1.2006 on the existing fifth CPC pay scales will be multiplied by a factor of 1.86 and then rounded off to next multiple of 10. This will be the pay in the revised running pay band. Grade pay as approved by the corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale will then be added to the pay in the revised pay band. The total of pay in the pay band and grade pay will be the revised basic pay as on 1.1.2006.
Campus restriction for grant of transport allowance will be removed. Consequently employees living in campuses will also be eligible for transport allowance. Further transport allowance for the employees at the lowest levels will be increased to Rs 600 from existing Rs 400 in A-1/A class cities and Rs 400 from existing Rs 300 in other towns.
Three upgradation will be granted under assured career progression (ACP) scheme at 10, 20 and 30 years as per the modified ACP scheme recommended by the commission. ACP scheme will also be applicable to group A employees.
Empanelment and cadre reviews for Central Group A Services will be brought up to date within an year.’
Regarding group B cadres the commision’ recommendation will be modified in the following manner:
After 4 years of regular services in the entry grade of Rs 4800 in PB-2 officers belonging to Delhi and Andaman and Nicobar islands police service will be granted the non-functional grade of Rs 5400 in PB3 and not in PB-2.
After 4 years of regular service in the section officer/ private secretary/equivalent grade of Rs 4800 grade pay in PB-2 officers of central secretrait service, central secretrait stenographers service and other similarly placed HQ services will be granted the non-functional grade of Rs 5400 in PB3 and not in PB-2.
In the IA & AD and all organized accounts cadres, posts of section officers and Assistant Audit/ Account officers will be merged and placed in PB-2 with grade pay of 4800 as recommended by the commission. In modification of Sixth CPC’s recommendations, Audit/ Account (AO)officers will be placed in Pay Band2 with grade pay of Rs 5400 and senior Aos will be placed in PB-3 with grade pay of Rs 5400.
Group B officers of Departments of Posts, Revenue etc will be granted Grade Pay of Rs 5400 in PB-2 on non- functional basis after 4 years of regular service in the grade pay of Rs 4800 in PB-2.
The commission’s recommendations and government decision thereon with regard to revised scales of pay and dearness allowance for civilian employees of the central government and personnel of all Indian services as detailed in Part A of annexe-1 will be made effective from 1st day of January 2006.
The revised allowances other than dearness allowance will be effective from 1st day of September 2008.
The commission’s recommendation regarding payment of arrears has been modified to the extent that the arrears will be paid in cash in two instalments- first instalment of 40% during the current financial year 2008-09 and the remaining 60 percent in the next financial year 2009-10.
The government has agreed to refer the recommendations of the commission in regard to pay scales of master craftsmen in the ministry of railways to fast track committee to be constituted by the government. In the meantime normal replacement scales will apply in the case of master craftsmen.
The government has approved setting up of anomalies committee to examine individual, post specific and cadre specific anomalies. The anomalies committee should endeavour to complete their work in one year.
The government has agreed in principle approval to a scheme of allowances for CPMF officers of the rank of commandant and below and other ranks in the battalions deployed in difficult areas/counter insurgency areas and in high altitude areas keeping in view the allowances granted to defence forces personnel in such or similar areas and detachment and other allowances granted to the CPMF personnel at present to be worked out in consultation with department of expenditure.
The dynamic ACP scheme for doctors will be extended upto the senior administrative grade (Grade pay of Rs 10000 in pB-4) for medical doctors having 20 years of regular service, or seven years of regular service in he non functional selection grade of Rs 8700 grade in pay band –4.
The government while modifying the recommendations has accepted the suggestion of the pay panel for four pay bands with 20 grade pays.