- On 1 January 2009, only one national nominee per country will be allowed to proceed: the highest ranked in the voting on 31 December 2008. Therefore until the end of 2008, countries with more than one nominee will be racing to choose the national representative that is allowed to continue into 2009. Nominees shared by more than one country will remain and continue into 2009.
- In the Nomination stage, voting for nominees will continue through July 7, 2009. Then the New7Wonders of Nature Panel of Experts, under the leadership of Prof. Federico Mayor, former Director-General of UNESCO, will review the top 77 nominees and choose the 21 finalists, to be announced on 21 July 2009.
- For the Finalist stage, the 21 New7Wonders of Nature Finalists will be put to popular vote in early 2009. Voting will continue throughout 2009 and into 2010. During this time, the New7Wonders World Tour will visit each of the Finalists to allow them to present themselves to the voters across the globe.
The final declaration of the New7Wonders of Nature will be in 2010.
Vote for Ganga,Sundarbans and other Indian sites at http://www.new7wonders.com
I voted for :
* Ganges, River
* Kalahari, Desert
* Yellowstone, National Park
* Sundarbans, Forest
* Great Barrier Reef, Coral Reef
* Amazon, River/Forest
* Western Ghats